Friday, October 30, 2009

Dear Mr. Mori Trust

I work in a building owned by Mori Trust. There are some 37 floors and the elevators are divided in groups of 4 to serve differnt floor groups. However, I susspect that Mori Trust turn off elevators to save costs at the expense of the tenant's employees.

I am a smoker.
Typically in a regular day I go up and down 10 times.
Each journey I have to wait a minimum of 30 seconds for an elevator.(Often much longer)
That's at least 10 minutes a day.
21 day business month that is 210 minutes a month
Allowing for an 11 month year to take into account public holidays and vacation thats a staggering 2310 minutes a year or 38 1/2 hours.
I have worked in this building for 7 years.
Therefore I have spent 269 1/2 hours waiting for Mori Trust elevators since I have been here. Or if you prefer 11 1/4 days of my life sacrificed to Mori Trust to satisfy their insatiable desire for cost savings at the personal expense of people using the building.
Is this really serving your tenants?

No comments:

Post a Comment